In an interview on Channels TV this morning, May 26, the managing director and chief executive officer of Capital Oil and Gas Nigeria Limited, Ifeanyi Ubah, has said his release of 13 million litres of fuel to ease the problem of fuel scarcity is his own contribution to the economic development of Nigeria.
According to him , his colleagues in the Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria did not inform him as a founding and executive member of the association before they embarked on strike.
According to him , his colleagues in the Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria did not inform him as a founding and executive member of the association before they embarked on strike.
"My concern was more about the welfare of Nigerians and the fact that many people were dying. We had to rescue MTN yesterday if not they would have shut down completely by now. We also had to rescue 13 hospitals because patients were dying ,"he said.Ubah , the head of the Transformation Agenda of Nigeria, TAN - a group that campaigned massively for President Jonathan , also dismissed suggestions by some people that his action was to avoid problems with Buuhari's government.
"I have no skeleton in my cupboard to hide. I am not afraid of the incoming government because I have not committed any crime. I do not regret my support for President Goodluck Jonathan in the last elections. It is about Nigeria not about any individual.I have built a political pressure group, the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) that is bigger in size than many political parties and have a presence in virtually all the nook and crannies of Nigeria ," he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have any contributions towards this Update? We love You to express them via Comments. We Love Comments, feel free to drop them.
Cheers!